Friday 26 July 2013

Top ten television Heroes part 2

Continuing from yesterdays successful blog, I will now finish my list. Something you may notice is that I only have one female favorite character. I don't really watch too much television and I will only choosing from ten TV shows with a representative from each. So keep an open mind that this is merely my opinion on who are some really good heroes. So let us begin at:

Number 5. Dr. Sheldon Cooper. This is the funniest (well, intentionally funniest) Live character on this list. But not only that, he represents the person I would like to be. Arrogant, Genius and totally devoid of any humanity. His insane methods and irrational feuds and fears place him high on the list as I love the Laughs this guy delivers and the characteristics I would like to have. If not, I would probably like being Leonard, what with him being book smart and street smart and a bit of a bachelor. If these two had never met I doubt Sheldon would have changed at all, he barely changes other than getting a girlfriend like Amy. If you believe that relationship will work out join the party. His cover of all things that make him socially awkward strikes a bit of a personal tone with me but as for whom I would love to associate myself with join me at one and two.


Number 4. Homer Simpson. Well why not, he is going to be our only representation of animated television, why not be one of the most famous in pop-culture. He gets all the best lines, portrays the best of physical humor and is just an all-around nice guy. Yeah he picks on Ned, he strangles his son(which I now realize is quite a horrible idea for it can be quite gruesome in real life) and he can be intolerable at times, but he is very persevering in his "Goals", he loves his wife and he just wants to have a happy eventful life. His love of his wife and children can be very touching at times and he can have the most extraordinary life any man can just wish for. He is the first cartoon character I saw as a child and I grew up laughing at his antics. Doh! I forgot if you want to know my second favorite characters are its the squeaky voiced teen and the mustache guy that shows up doing everything(Raphael). I'll put a video of Homer and this guy just for safe measure. 

Number 3. Special agent Dale Cooper, FBI. Dale is the funniest(non-intentional) character in a drama series, but humor isn't the only contributing factor in my choices. He is a clever detective with the wit to match and the strangest of mannerisms that I merely find quaint. I mean what show can make ordering coffee more important than character development, Twin Peaks that's what. He also is very mystical and open minded, much like the sheriff with whom he works with. Anyone who has entered a community that is a little different, knows how hard it can be to earn the trust of the locals and to learn to love the town. He does it in one day. He is not without his limits though, such as James constantly ending up talking to Cooper or the murderer always finding a way to be one step ahead, these can really irritate him and its good to show this considering he can look at being shot at as a minor inconvenience. His mystical beliefs, good hearted, open minded nature combined with sharp wit and an admiration for little things like donuts and coffee, make him a Damn fine character.
Number 2. Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Again another dual category, but these two again are so vital for each other concerning the version I am referring to. I, of course, refer to the series Sherlock.  Now is there any real explanation why I put these two so high, throughout the list my common recurring characteristic was intelligence or uncommon mannerisms. Sherlock is the archetype of all the above characters, except he does what he does, because he wants to show off, though deep down you know it's really because he knows its right. His mannerisms are that of the original. So when I think of Sherlock  Holmes, Cumberbatch's performance isn't an adaption into modern times like Elementry or portrayed today in the past like Robert Downy Jr, but it is Sherlock he is the man under the deer stalker. It Really is quite elementary. 
And now for Watson. Where Holmes inspired Dr House and Agent Cooper, Watson, in my opinion, inspired Sheriff Truman and Atticus. These are the every man, who represent us the viewer or the reader. We dream of doing theses amazing things but Only true John can we see how they are done. Watson Represents the amateur detective in all of us, the man who wants to help, even in the face of danger. I look up to Watson for he looks up to other when he is also their equal.
Number 1. The Doctor. Yes you all saw this coming, but did we not enjoy the ride...ow, apparently not. But of course the doctor is number one and I think that is fact. The hero, the spaceman, he is Mal, Sherlock, Cooper, Winters, and Sheldon all combined into one. He is the man I watched growing up, he fascinated me ever since I saw him. I also think this is the most shared joint number one on a list ever, due to how many regeneration's he's had and the Doctor spans each one. The Doctor represents all of my fantasies of saving the world or giving back to it(in Style) and being someone who will do something and find friends and fun in the most unlikely of places. He is a character I love, cherish and admire. I love you, Doctor Who.

And so those are my favorite heroes of television, please feel free to comment and pass on this blog to your friends. As I have already said this is all opinion and not to be taken seriously. I hope that I have represented these characters the best I could and for those who have not watched any or one of these shows I hope I have inspired you. Whats your favorite villains on television, to find out mine come back tommorow. as always have a lovely day and I hoped you enjoyed my Top Ten TV Heroes.





















  

No comments:

Post a Comment